Do you want to take the security of your valuable items to the next level? Do you want a master key that gives you access to as many as possible rooms in your home? Great! This can only happen if you hire a qualified locksmith to install a master lock system in your home or office. Master locks are security lock systems that allow you to monitor those accessing your valuable assets at any time. This means that you have the right to grant or deny access to particular rooms in a residential or commercial setting. So, should I have a master lock system? Thanks to our friends at East Valley Lock And Key, let’s find out;
- Enhanced security: security is the primary reason for installing a master lock system in any residential or commercial setting. Today, losing your valuable items can take a matter of minutes. With these locks, any possibility of opening a lock accidentally is eliminating hence enhancing the security of your property. Moreover, you have the right to authorize who enters particular rooms
- Master lock systems are patent protected. This gives you the peace of mind that you need. This legislation process eliminates any possibility of the manufacturers manufacturing a design similar to your keys- your keys are unique.
- Minimize the use of many keys: unlike the old locking systems where each lock needed a separate key, the master lock system allows you to open many locks using the least number of keys. Moreover, master lock systems can adapt to the changing requirements if they are properly planned.
- Duplication of keys can be easily traced, and the person in charge held responsibly. This is because accurate records of those who are in possession of the keys are kept hence minimizing the chances of having duplicate keys. Authorized persons can only do duplication.
- Convenient and easy to use: the fact that a master lock system needs a single key to open many doors in your home/office makes it a convenient option. There is no need to carry many keys from point to point especially when you are inspecting many rooms in a residential or commercial premise. Additionally, master lock systems allows simplified organization in your areas of operation.
- Allows easy maintenance: master lock systems can be handy for instances when the maintenance personnel such as contractors and cleaners want to access many rooms. You can use the master key to open those rooms without inconveniencing your tenants who are not near. Remember, locks that are opened by master keys can also be opened by personal keys of those locks.
- This is an inexpensive system because it does not require you to purchase new hardware. You only need to hire a qualified locksmith to integrate the master key to the already existing locks.
The fact that a master lock system is both convenient and secure doesn’t mean that it is 100% advantageous. Remember, this system eliminates the use of many keys. This means that if the master key happens to be stolen or lost, the security of the locks activated by this lock will be compromised. Therefore, these keys must be stored carefully.
Another disadvantage of the master lock system is that you compromise the privacy of your tenants for instances when you get into their rooms without notice. For example, during maintenance, you may access the rooms of your tenants without necessarily alerting them.
Choosing the best master lock system
Master locks offers a variety of keying options and designs. How will you select the best master lock that is favorable for your security needs? Here is a crackdown of the useful tips that you should look in a master lock system;
- The style and materials: master locks come in different materials and styles. Each style is unique in its own way. It is important to go for those lock systems that are made of quality materials to enhance durability. Materials that offer incredible corrosion resistance are preferable.
- Level of customization: it goes without saying that people install master lock systems in their areas of operation because of varies reasons. For this reason, you should invest in a system that offers the highest level of customization to give you a variety of options to modify it to fit your needs.
- The initial and maintenance cost: the best master lock system must be budget friendly. It makes no sense to invest in an expensive lock system that does not live to fulfil what it promises. You rather spend in a cheap but delivering lock system.
- Shape, size and design: you would definitely love to own a well-shaped key with a sleek design. There are many body shapes; round, rectangular or shrouded shackle. Depending on your taste and preference, you can go for what delights you.
- Level of security: lock systems that are made of solid steel are the best options if you want maximum security. Stainless steel is another alternative when you want enhanced security. Solid brass is idea if your system will be exposed to corrosive elements for long and finally solid aluminum is the best for weather resistant alternative.
- The reputation of the locksmith: remember, not all manufacturers are authorized to manufacturer master lock systems. Some manufacturers make locks and keys that does not meet the minimum standards. This may go a long way to compromise the security of your valuable items. Therefore, before you decide to install the system, it is important to analyze the reputation of the manufacturer. Customer reviews can be helpful in this case.
It makes a lot of sense to invest in a master lock system because of its benefits. Believe it or not, this lock system can give you peace of mind. Whether you are a manager who wants to monitor the organization of all the office departments or a landlord who wishes to monitor how your tenants take care of the facilities in place; this lock system will be handy. However, you need to weight the disadvantages against the advantages of this lock system before you decide to invest in it. It is important to analyze your security requirements to avoid making a worthless investment. Choose well!